There’s nothing quite like the feel of freshly-cleaned carpets. So that you can enjoy the benefits of carpet cleaning longer, here are a few of our favorite tips for maintaining professional carpet cleanings.
Keep Dirt Out
Keep dirt and grime from getting into your carpet by:
- Taking your shoes off at the door.
- Rugs at all your entryways.
- Wiping your pets’ feet down before bringing them indoors.
- Consuming food and beverages only in non-carpeted areas. If you must eat or drink in a carpeted room, use spill-proof cups and place something underneath your table to catch spills and crumbs.
Maintaining Clean Carpet
Even if you are proactive at keeping dirt out, some particles will still get into your carpet. As such, you should vacuum at least weekly, or more often in high-traffic areas. Be sure to empty the canister or change the vacuum cleaner bag when it is full; otherwise, you will just be blowing dust back into your home.
Other ways to maintain clean carpet include:
- Placing throw rugs in strategic areas and washing them often.
- Cleaning up spills as soon as they occur.
- Spot cleaning stains so they do not have a chance to set. Always blot stains, but do not rub them.
- Using only baking soda to eliminate odors. Commercial carpet powders contain perfumes and other chemicals that can leave behind a residue inside your rug.
- Bathing and brushing your pet on a regular basis to remove loose hair and dander that might otherwise become lodged in your carpet.
Maintain Results with Regular, Professional Cleaning
These tips will help you keep your carpet clean longer; however, they will not prevent the need for professional cleaning altogether. Contact us for high-quality carpet cleaning services, and then keep the above information in mind so that you can continue maintaining your professional carpet cleanings!