Stubborn carpet stains are a pain. Not only do they mess up the aesthetic of the area rug but they can also damage the floor underneath or cause foul smells in the house. Sometimes, we tend to move furniture to cover the stain, replace or remove the carpet altogether. However, instead of hiding the stain or replacing your carpet, try the following methods to remove the stains. Here are some carpet stain removal hacks that you need to know.
Removing Non-Soluble Stains from Your Carpet
Non-soluble stains refer to grease and oil stains which can include:
- Cooking oil
- Nail polish
Follow the simple non-soluble carpet stain removal steps below to save your carpet.
- Use a dull butter knife to lift the oil from the carpet. Remember to do this immediately and gently to avoid pushing the oils deeper into the carpet.
- Sprinkle some baking soda and corn starch to absorb the oils.
- With a soft-bristled brush, apply the powder on the spot and let it sit for some minutes.
- Vacuum the carpet area to remove the powder.
- Into a spray bottle, mix equal parts of one cup of white vinegar and water, and a few drops of liquid dish soap.
- Spray the foamed solution on the carpet and let it sit for an hour before doing one more round of vacuuming.
Removing Soluble Stains from Your Carpet
Soluble stains easily dissolve into water, and they include:
- Washable ink
- Latex paint
- Food stains such as berries or milk
- Pet urine
Here’s how to deal with soluble stains on your carpet.
- Mix 2 cups of water with one tablespoon of vinegar and dish soap in a bowl.
- Dip a towel into the detergent solution and repeatedly wipe the stain.
- Saturate the towel with the solution and hard press it on the stain for a few seconds.
- Wait for 15 minutes before removing the excess liquid with the towel.
- Dip another towel in lukewarm water and dab it repeatedly on the blemish for a thorough rinse.
Are the Stains on Your Carpet Still a Menace? Let Us Help
Eradicating stubborn stains takes time, skill, and effort. And, Spotless Carpet Cleaners is your ultimate solution for carpet stain removal. We will help you restore the carpet to as good as new. We offer 24-hour emergency services. Contact us today to get a quote.