April showers bring May flowers… and spring allergies. With the beautiful flower bloom, radiant sunshine and non-stop bird chirping that comes with the spring season, you will be tempted to go outside. However, if you suffer seasonal allergies, you might not enjoy the moment as everyone else, and so you would choose to stay indoors. Despite avoiding the outdoor spring allergies, you will still get that annoying runny nose or itchy and watery eyes and blame it on spring. The allergens will find their way into your house causing you much anguish even when you think you are safely tucked away.
Here is what you can do to control Spring allergies
- Vacuum more than Once a Week. Get yourself an asthma and allergen-friendly vacuum to avoid putting dust into the air. It will keep allergens low and prevent them from getting back into the air.
- Control Dust Mites. These are prevalent in the open surfaces like floors and walls, as well as wall-to-wall carpets, heavy drapes, and overstuffed fabric furniture. You can control them by keeping your house clean and free from clutter. An air purifier could also reduce dust in your house.
- Prevent Animal Dander. If you are allergic to pet dander and still choose to keep one or more, then you can carry out some preventive measures like keeping it/them out of your bedroom. Washing and changing their toys will also help. Also, when bathing and brushing your pets, be sure to have a mask on.
- Close all Doors and Windows. You don’t want to have everything on the inside in order and then get to endure an insufferable outdoor allergen. If you feel hot by closing yourself in, you can use air conditioning, just try not to let pollen or dust sneak in.
- Prevent Mold Spores. You can achieve this by reducing moisture in your bathroom and kitchen areas. In case there is a leakage in the house, fix it immediately and try to keep just a few house plants. You can also use an air humidifier to trap the allergens through cold evaporation.
Spring is such a lovely season, but sadly not for people with spring allergies. If you practice the preventive measures above, you can enjoy the warmth and blossom it comes with. You will even begin to anticipate the spring season every year. However, you are welcome to contact us if the spring allergies are proving to be uncontrollable for a tough Spring deep clean.