Bristol, Johnson City, and Kingsport TN
Water damage, such as damage that occurs as the result of a flood or a water leak, can have a catastrophic impact on your property and even risk your health due to the presence of diseases or bacteria in the water or lead to the development of mold. If you have an incident that requires emergency water restoration services in Kingsport, then you can trust the licensed, capable professionals at Spotless Carpet Cleaners to do the job. We offer emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. However, we also believe that prevention is your best defense against water damage.
While some emergencies are unavoidable, you can follow these tips as part of your home maintenance plan to avoid needing emergency water restoration services.
- Trim your trees: Falling trees and limbs can be one of the major causes of emergency water damage. For example, a single falling tree branch can destroy your gutter system, and leave you with a leaking roof that causes additional damage inside your home. Make sure to have your trees trimmed on a regular basis, while also keeping an eye out for any branches that appear rotted, dead, or dying.
- Older appliances: Live in an older home? There’s a safe bet the appliances also are older. An older appliance is more prone to springing a leak, which usually is not noticed until it is too late and water damage has occurred. This type of water damage often goes unseen for a while, which increases the likelihood of mold damage—especially in unseen areas such as underneath flooring or behind walls that become wet.
- Pool maintenance: A pool can be a source for countless hours of fun and also add value to your property, but it also can be a source of water damage. If your pool is located nearby your home, any overflow during heavy rain can send water cascading into your home. Be sure to maintain a safe water height and, if you plan to be gone for several days, drain your pool lower than normal or make arrangements for a neighbor to come to check on it.
- Dripping tap: Something as simple as a dripping faucet can be the source of a water leak and, eventually, major water damage. A dripping faucet also can add hundreds of dollars in utility expenses over the course of a full year. If you are noticing any loose or dripping taps, have a plumber you trust come out to inspect your home.
- Check your HVAC: An older air conditioner or heating and cooling (HVAC) system is more vulnerable to leaks, especially if the system was not installed correctly. Change the air filter once a month, make sure the condensate line remains free of any obstructions, and call a heating and cooling professional if you notice any dripping water.
- Garden hoses: Outdoor hoses that are old and worn out may send water leaking into your yard or lawn. Check all outdoor hoses, including their connections at the spigot, which may need to be reinforced or tightened. Be sure to closely inspect any hoses left outside during the winter, as they may have sustained frost damage.
Water Restoration Company in Kingsport
We hope you never need emergency water restoration services, but if you do, Spotless Carpet Cleaners is ready to help. To learn more about our services, call us at (423) 926-9251.
Spotless Carpet Cleaners has been proud to serve the cleaning and restoration needs of residential and commercial customers in the areas of Kingsport, Johnson City, and Bristol, Tennessee since 1975.